Big relief to the producers of ‘Mirzapur’, FIR against Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani canceled

0
10

The Allahabad High Court has given a big relief to the producers of the web series ‘Mirzapur’. The High Court has quashed the FIR registered against Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani. Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani were accused of inciting religious sentiments. There was also an allegation of inciting social and regional sentiments through the web series ‘Mirzapur’.

Significantly, on January 29, the Allahabad High Court had stayed the arrest of Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani. The High Court had made it clear that the investigation against him would not stop. Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani had told the High Court that they had no intention of provoking any religious sentiments. The High Court said that there is no allegation in the FIR that hurts religious sentiments.

‘Mirzapur 2’: After Anupriya Patel, Raju Srivastava demands censorship on web series

Let us inform that a case was registered against the web series ‘Mirzapur’ in Kotwali countryside of Mirzapur district under section 295A for hurting religious sentiments and under section 67A of IPC under IT Act.

Actors like Pankaj Tripathi, Divyendu Sharma, Ali Fazal, Kulbhushan Kharbanda, Shweta Tripathi and Rasika Duggal have played the lead roles in Amazon Prime’s popular web series ‘Mirzapur’. So far two seasons of the web series ‘Mirzapur’ have arrived. The first season came in November, 2018 and the second season came in October, 2020.

Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani

.

Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here