Kanpur-Bundelkhand’s strong leader Bhanu Pratap Singh has been given a place in the Modi cabinet. Bhanu Pratap Singh Verma is a 5th time MP from Garautha Lok Sabha seat of Jalaun. Bhanu Pratap considers former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee as his role model. Due to his clean image, he has got a place in the cabinet. Along with this, Bhanu Pratap Singh is a permanent member of the Information Technology Committee and is also a member of the National Security Advisory Committee.
There is an atmosphere of celebration in Jalaun after Bhanu Pratap got a place in the Modi cabinet. Along with this, there is an atmosphere of happiness in the entire Kanpur-Bundelkhand. BJP has included a 5th time MP from its strongest fort Kanpur-Bundelkhand in the Union Cabinet. The regional unit of Kanpur-Bundelkhand expressed gratitude to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Bhanu Pratap Singh is from a very simple family. From his student life, he was inclined towards politics. He was interested in student politics during his MA and LLB studies. Bhanu Pratap started his political career by winning the election of councilor. In 1988, Bhanu Pratap won the councilor’s election from Kokab Municipality. After this, Bhanu Pratap Singh contested the assembly elections in 1991 from the Konch assembly seat. Which was a resounding victory.
Became MP for the 5th time in Lok Sabha elections 2019
BJP’s strongman Bhanu Pratap Singh was elected MP for the 5th time in 2019 from the Garautha Lok Sabha seat of Jalaun. Bhanu Pratap is considered to be an expert player in the mathematics of caste statistics. Bhanu Pratap Singh was elected MP from Jalaun in 1996, 1998, 2004, 2014 and 2019.
There was a competition in the 2019 Lok Sabha elections
In Lok Sabha elections 2019, there was an alliance of SP-BSP. The Garautha Lok Sabha seat of Jalaun was reserved for the Scheduled Castes. BSP supremo Mayawati had fielded Ajay Kumar alias Pankaj Singh in the electoral fray. There was a neck-and-neck fight between Bhanu Pratap and Pankaj Singh. Bhanu Pratap defeated Pankaj Singh of BSP by 1,57,247 votes. Bhanu Pratap got 5,79,723 votes. At the same time, Pankaj Singh of BSP got 4,22,476 votes.
Such has been the history of Jalaun’s Lok Sabha seat
- In 1962, Ram Sevak from Congress became the first MP of Jalaun.
- In 1967, CR Sevak became an MP from Congress.
- In 1971, Chaudhary Ram Sevak of Congress became MP.
- In 1977, Ram Charan of the Bharatiya Lok Dal became a non-Congress MP for the first time.
- In 1980, Nathuram Shakyawar made the Congress return to the Jalaun seat.
- In 1984, Lachhi Ram of Congress was the last MP.
- In 1989, Ram Sevak Bhatia of Janata Dal had won.
- In 1991, Gaya Prasad of BJP became the first BJP MP.
- Bhanu Pratap Singh of BJP became MP in 1996.
- Bhanu Pratap again became an MP in 1998.
- In 1999, the account of BSP was opened in Jalaun Lok Sabha seat, and Brij Lal Khabri became the MP.
- In 2004, Bhanu Pratap Singh Verma again became an MP from BJP.
- In 2009, the account of SP was opened for the first time in Jalaun and Ghanshyam Anuragi became the MP.
- In 2014, Bhanu Pratap Singh Verma of BJP became MP for the fourth time.
- In 2019, Bhanu Pratap Singh Verma was elected MP for the fifth time.